In case you missed it, on February 5, 2019, President Donald J. Trump delivered his second State of the Union Address. In his visionary address, President Trump:
o Showed true leadership by casting an inspiring and patriotic vision of American greatness rooted in loyalty and respect for all citizens.
o Outlined a unifying policy agenda that both parties can rally behind to achieve this vision.
o Called on Congress and the Country to “Choose Greatness”.
o Communicated that the first choice for greatness is for Congress to reject the politics of resistance and retribution and instead adopt a spirit of cooperation and compromise so we can achieve it.
Clear Outline of Issues and Solutions:
Creating a Safe and Legal Immigration System – The President reaffirmed his determination to stop illegal immigration, human trafficking, and the flow of drugs and crime.
Seeking Safety and Security for all Americans; born and unborn. – The president addressed late term abortion.
Protecting American Workers –The President called on Congress to protect American workers by replacing the NAFTA disaster with the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
· Rebuilding America – The President asked Congress to deliver an infrastructure package that invests in rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and embarking on the transformational projects of the future.
· Lowering the Cost of Healthcare and Prescription Drugs – The President called on Congress to pass legislation supporting the Administration’s efforts to lower the costs of healthcare and prescription drugs.
· Protecting America’s National Security – The President reaffirmed his determination to protect American interests and bring to an end our endless foreign wars.
SPECIFIC FORWARD-LOOKING POLICY INITIATIVES MENTIONED:
· Bipartisan Border Security Package
· United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Developing Fair Trade with China
· Healthcare Price Transparency
· Ending Global Freeloading on Drug Development
· Defeating Aids in America
· Standing up for Democracy in Venezuela
· New approach to Syria and Afghanistan
· Withdrawal from INF Treaty
· Childhood Cancer Research Priority
· Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
· New Summit with North Korea
· Empowering Women in Developing Countries – Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initative
· Developing State-of-the-Art Missile Defense